VPN Error 619: How to fix it?

I was trying to connect to the VPN service recently for accessing a blocked website. But it suddenly showed

Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established.

How to fix this and continue using the VPN service?

1 Like

Are you using multiple VPN services on your system?

No. I am not using multiple VPNs. I only use the Express VPN service.

Hey Gibson,

When you see a VPN error 619, there are several remedies you can try to resolve the connection issues that trigger this error:

If two or more VPN clients are installed on the computer, ensure only one is running to avoid conflicts. Check both for running applications and also for Windows services. Reboot the computer if necessary to ensure all other applications are stopped.
Firewalls and antivirus programs that block access to the VPN ports may be running. Temporarily disable these to troubleshoot.
Try other standard repairs and troubleshooting steps. Reboot the client computer. Delete and reinstall the VPN client configuration settings. Find another computer that has a working setup to compare your network configurations with the properly working computer, looking for any differences.
Intermittent network connectivity issues can cause error 619 to appear one time but then it doesn’t reappear when the user restarts the client.

Hope so this information might be useful for you. :slight_smile:

• Adrian Gates

Ok. This error usually happens when you already connected to a VPN and then tries to connect to another one which creates conflicts. If you have an antivirus installed, also try disabling it and check if it works or not.

Sorry, my mistakes. Actually, I checked the installed programs again and found that the VPN service that I used before is still there. I thought I uninstalled it. Should I uninstall it to fix Error 691?

Yes, try uninstalling the VPN program that you longer need.

6 Likes

Thanks for the help @Swalih. It solved the problem. You are the best. :slight_smile: