There are several reasons why your Teamviewer session shows just a black screen and nothing else. Here are some of the most common causes of the issue.
- You tried to connect to a remote computer with no monitor connected.
- Your connection is not established correctly due to a network restriction or error.
- Your Teamviewer service is not running correctly or some other programs conflicting it.
- You are running a very old Teamviewer version which has some bugs.
- You/the remote computer uses an extra remote desktop application running on the background.
To solve the black screen problem in Teamviewer, you can do any one of the following things.
- Simply restart the Teamviewer including its service from the Task manager.
- Restart your PC to solve any application conflicts.
- Check if you are running the latest version of the Teamviewer, if not, update it.
- Check if there is any other remote desktop applications running either on your PC or the remote computer. If so, close it.
- Check your internet connection for reliability and speed.