- Open the PuTTY.exe file.
- In Hostname (or IP address) filed, paste the IP address of your server.
- Leave the Port field as it is (22)
- On the left side go to Data section under Connection.
- In the Auto-Login username field, enter
root(if you didn’t change it.)
- Now again in the left side, click on the Auth under theSSH section.
- Click on Browse button next to the Private key file for authentication section.
- Browse the private key that you generated.
- After finding it, click on it and click the Open button.
- Now, again click on the Session section on the left side.
- Now save the session by giving a name to the session under the Saved sessions section and clicking on the Save button.
shelbaul (Shelba Ulman) #1
How To Use SSH Keys with PuTTY for Digital Ocean