So, you want to register a new domain in
WordPress.com, right? Here are the steps that you should follow to do this.
This is for those who purchased a
WordPress.compremium plan and want to assign a standalone domain to their
Register a new domain in
- Go to the WordPress Domain addition page.
- If asked, choose the blog that you wish to add the domain to.
- In the search box, enter the domain name that you wish to register.
- If the chosen domain is available to register, it will show up below the search in with a green box.
- If it is available, Click Add, if not, choose another domain name.
- In the next screen, choose if you’d like to add an email address to the domain.
- It is the time to fill all the necessary information for the domain registration.
- Choose if you’d like to make the contact information of the domain to be public or private. We recommend choosing the Public option for some SEO purposes.
- Make the payment.
- Update your newly purchased domain to be the primary domain used. You can do that in the Domain Manager page.