I recently signed up for an account in the Google Analytics to collect my website data and traffic. But as I am a little new to this Analytics, I am not aware of the steps to implement it on my website. So, I want to know how I can add Google Analytics code to my website and start tracking my visitors.
To add Google Analytics code your WordPress website, all you have to do is copying the tracking code from your Analytics dashboard and placing it between the
<head> tags of your web pages. Here is how to do that.
- Go to your Analytics account
- Click Admin at the left sidebar
- Select the account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column (be sure that your website is listed in that account.)
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column (be sure to choose the right property.)
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code.
- Copy the tracking code.
Now you have completed the first section of the procedure. Now you have to paste it in your website. Here is how to do it.
If you are using any popular themes like Genesis, Newspaper, etc. by default, they have the columns to place the analytics code. If your theme doesn’t have such a function, you can use any of the following plugins.
As the plugins suggested by @LakshmiPrasanna seems to have gotten lots of negative reviews after the post was published, I would like to add some good plugins to the list.