To create an SSH Key Pair in PuTTY,
- Download the PuTTYgen file from their website.
- After downloading the program, run it.
- Choose the desired value parameter in the bottom of the window (the default value will work most of the times. So, you do not have to change it.)
- Click on the ‘Generate’ button.
- Just wave your mouse in the blank area of the window until the progress bar fills completely to generate the key.
- Now, the key will be shown to you. You can either directly copy paste it in the required places. Or save it. If you decide to save it as a key file, use the Save public key or Save private key buttons. You may also give it a password for security.