So, at any point you want to change your WhatsApp number, you can do that by following the simple steps given below.
Change WhatsApp Number on Android
- Insert the new SIM card with the new number into the Android device.
- Open WhatsApp application.
- Check if your old phone number is currently verified by following the steps here.
- Now, tap on the Menu Button.
- Then Settings.
- Now go to Account.
- And finally, tap on the Change number option.
- Enter the old phone number in the appropriate box in the top.
- Also, enter your new phone number in the other box.
- After entering them, tap Done at the top of the WhatsApp screen.
- Now, as we creating a new WhatsApp account, you will be prompted to verify your new phone number that you just entered.
- Follow the procedure and verify it.
The steps are almost similar on all the iOS, Windows, Blackberry platforms. So, there is no need to repeat the steps. Even if there are tiny differences like the menu icon, it is still manageable. So, follow the same steps on any WhatsApp versions.
Also Note that
- Migrating your WhatsApp number will also migrate all your account data, messages, media, backups, etc. to the new number.
- Be sure to remove the old account so that your friends will not be confused between the new one and the old one.
- Do not try to change the number immediately after purchasing the SIM card. Make sure that your SIM card is fully activated and can receive calls and SMS.