I created a project in Freelancer a while ago. The person who accepted the bid doesn’t seem to be professional and makes a lot of excuses for not completing the project. Can I cancel the project and get my money back?
Once you made payment for the project (for example, as a milestone) you cannot get your money back in most cases. However, if you still wish to cancel the Freelancer project, here are the steps you should follow.
Cancel Fixed-Price Projects
- Go to the Project Page.
- Navigate to Payments tab.
- Click End Project buton.
- Select My requirements have changed and I no longer require this work to be done.
- Click Submit.
Cancel Hourly Projects
- First of all, if the automatic billing is enabled, disable it by clicking the Automatic Billing toggle off. If not, you will still be charged.
- After disabling the automatic billing, follow the same steps as in the previous section.
Is it possible to cancel the Milestones?
Yes. You can cancel milestones by following these steps,
- Go to your projects page.
- Click on the Payments tab.
- Under Milestone Payments, look for the Milestone that you wish to cancel (you can only cancel milestones that are in progress.)
- Click the drop-down arrow beside Request Release button.
- Click Cancel.